New York was both ridiculously great and ridiculously bad … all about the company.
* Thursday night, I checked into the New Yorker and spent the late night wandering Times Square with a Harvard ‘08er who held me steady in my ridiculous stiletto boots. Lessons learned: McDonald’s and porn are an unbeatable combo.
* On Friday, Sam came to the city and we found a cute hotel on 50th. Met up with his friends, had sushi for dinner, and made him order me embarassingly girly drinks. Spent a good portion of the evening observing and making fun of the other people (namely, the reeking-of-desperate men) at the bar in the W Hotel.
* Saturday was spent in Staten Island … which prompted JB to ask, “Why the hell did you decide to go to Jersey?”
* I devoted Sunday to a tour of the Whitney Museum, alongside the lovely Rachel Kramer Bussel. Among the exhibits were a single blinding light and a piano shattered to pieces with accompanying video tape of its destruction. Needless to say, I didn’t “get” it.
* Sunday night, I ended up in Philadelphia, where I stayed until Monday afternoon. Long story.
And now I’m home. For at least three weeks. I think. For the time being, I’ll have to rein in my wanderlust.
In other news, it’s officially Ash Wednesday and I’m giving up sex for Lent. Penance and all, you know? Or maybe I’m just waiting for someone worth it …