Sometimes I like to play a game with myself called “Fake Shopping” which involves picking out items I’d buy if I had a certain imaginary budget. Tonight, I was online looking for a yoga mat and ended up browsing shoes, foot spas, and other things that had nothing to do with yoga … so I started playing the game instead.
The budget was $250, approximately the amount of money I spent on rent, gas, food, etc. for my four-day trip to Mexico with eight friends. The items I pretend-bought:
1. Chooka Women’s Tiny Whales Rainboot in 7M, $48.95
2. Crescent Moon ‘St. Tropez’ Yoga and Pilates Mat Carrier, $49.99
3. Moe C.L.I.C.K. Bag in Anah, $187.00
You know you have a problem when you can’t even stick to an imaginary budget. But because the real world has budgets and I’m desperately broke, I only ended up getting the bare essentials below:
1. Bare Fruit Organic Dried Mangos, 2.6-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 24), $15.00
2. Gaiam Maxwell Yoga Mat Bag in Green, $17.62
3. Gaiam Printed Yoga Mat, $21.99
Already in my Currier mailbox should be ~$250 in compensation for summer freelance gigs, etc. so I can’t wait to get back on campus and do some actual shopping. I’m staking out the COOP for “Harvard”-emblazoned sweatpants.