Blast from two weekends past. Random list of things I did and places I went (mostly in the company of Jess Gold):
* Drinks and late snacks at Continental
* Dual spa treatments at Jean Madeline Aveda Institute
* Saturday brunch at Marathon
* Day trip to New Hope, Pennsylvania with Jess, Arielle, and Mike. Found great boutique A Beautiful Life where I picked up this kickass “Cocaine Blows” tee. Dinner at Karla’s.
* Sunday brunch at Rx (probably the best brunch I’ve had in the history of brunch). Ordered french toast brioche with blueberries and chorizo frittata. It was amazing and everything on the menu was under $10. Pretty incredible.
So I get a lot of heat for spending too much on clothes (not justified since I work year-round during college and every summer since age 15!) But beside the fact that this is my money I’m dropping, I should also be redeemed by my bargain-hunting tendencies. I may have $300 shoes, but I also own $30 blazers. Really. Here’s a significantly more affordable edition of Anatomy of an Outfit from a night (11/09/07) in Philly:
* Tristan & Iseut Denim Blazer ($30, from a consignment store)
* Express Zelda Skinny Jeans ($27 down from $60, on sale + a $25 off coupon + a pal’s employee discount)
* Henri Bendel Cashmere V-Neck Sweater in Black ($120 down from $300, on sale for 60% off. Kind of a splurge but I wear it all the time)
* Element Knit Tank in Cream, layered under above sweater (gift)
* Urban Outfitters Button Fingerless Gloves in Charcoal ($16)
* Audrey Brooke Kitten Heels in Brown ($25 down from over $60, on clearance at DSW)
* Leather Tote Bag with Gold Hardware in Medium Tan ($30, off a street vendor in NY. Mistaken for designer by a reader.)